September 2, 2014

Class Survey


Me (left) and my friend (right)


Personal Information:
1. I prefer either Kaitlin or Katie.

2. My hometown is Euclid, Ohio.

3. I would like to go into Middle Childhood Education: Math and Science.

4. I played four years of tennis in high school, I do not like chocolate, and I love to go to and watch football games.

Learning Style and More:
5. For me to feel comfortable in the classroom, I would like to know that everyone is open to hearing new ideas, including myself. I would also like to know that the professor will answer any questions that I have, from activities in the classroom to tips about teaching. 

6. As a student, I like to have many options available. I like to listen, take notes, and read the information. When I cannot understand something, I try to first look at the question or problem and try to work through it myself. If I cannot figure it out on my own, I tend to proceed to ask the professor because rather than not understanding, I like to have a good grasp on everything I am learning.

Education Past and Present:
7. One memory that I have is the dedication that my Calculus teacher had with all of her students. I missed a couple of classes with sickness and sports and fell a bit behind with the assignments. She stayed after with me for a couple hours one Friday and made sure that I understood each and every example. In caring about her students more than her own weekend, I learned what being teaching really is. 

8. One major issue that I believe faces the field of education is dealing with each child individually while teaching the class as a whole. Using different methods with each student may be time consuming but it could also be necessary. For some students, using technology might be how they comprehend and organize information. Learning how to adjust your teaching style in small ways could ultimately change the effectiveness of the classroom.  



9. Do we have specific schools that we will be visiting in class?
When we do our ten hours, do we have a list of schools we should go to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment